ARE SENIOR MOMENTS AND CREAKY JOINTS JUST A PART OF AGING?
No. Aging is not the same thing as getting old.
If you’ve lived long enough, you may have noticed the irony of getting older – your wisdom and experience increase while your health and looks decrease. How sad so many people think aging, as we know it, is normal! WRONG! It is abnormal to age as quickly as we do, in pain, slowing down, stiff and unhealthy and, for some, infirm and unable to live on our own, chained to a body that won’t do what we want and taking larger and larger numbers of expensive prescription drugs. You can prevent unnatural aging! Right now!
SO WHAT’S GOING ON?
With each generation over the last century living longer than the one before, this coming generation is the first predicted to actually have a shorter lifespan. And, believe it or not, many countries have a longer life expectancy than we do in the US.
We are inundated every day with chemicals that age us quickly. We eat toxins, fruit gassed into ripening (many fruits are nutritious only when naturally ripened) or, worse, un-ripened fruit sprayed to look ripe and vegetables with less nutritional value each year. Our meats and dairy products continue to increase in hormone and antibiotic levels, so children are entering puberty at younger ages – as young as eight years old! Ever wonder what it does to your hormone levels through your life-span? Then there are pesticides, which are estrogenic and mimics female sex hormones, confusing our natural hormonal balance which can cause age related diseases, mental dysfunction and/or premature aging.
Many women are given pharmaceutical grade hormones to replace the body’s natural hormone production but, while the body does not recognized these as natural enough to effectively use, it reacts by decreasing natural production far more than in normal, healthy aging. We need these hormones to keep us healthy and youthful.
Antibiotics used against bacteria in animals continue to be less and less effective as the bacteria mutate and become resistant, so the strength of the antibiotic is increased. These antibiotics weaken our own immune systems, too. The weaker it is, the more we become worn down by disease.
We no longer get the nutrients we need for good health, in body or mind. We also get the wrong advice about diet, even from well-intentioned physicians and dietitians who offer us conflicting information and don’t keep up on the latest research. We eat too many carbohydrates (sugars) and processed foods, and not enough proper fats or proteins, which also feed the brain.
It’s no wonder we age quickly.
Many physicians and most scientists studying aging feel free radicals are responsible for the process of aging. Free radicals are chemicals left in the body that the body can’t get rid of and that cause cellular damage. Some free radicals are the result of just plain living itself – metabolism and cellular processes – and are natural for all living things. But, between the high toxins and low nutrition, pollution, trauma and stress, our bodies take a beating from the outside as well and all this builds up even more free radicals.
And you have plenty of them by age forty and they just build from there, slowing down the cell’s work, causing them to function incorrectly, reproduce faulty copies or not reproduce at all. Free radicals go crashing into DNA, causing genetic damage and leaving the cells without the information they need to do that work that is so vital to our health. The result is age.
In short, the body has to work harder and harder. It loses ground, can no longer repair the normal damage and the free radical damage as well as it could when it was younger. And the worse it gets, the harder it is to fix and the downward spiral of age continues. The effects are visible. Just look in the mirror.
Our genes are set to bring us to maturity but we have no genes that have the job of aging us. Aging is due to damage.
Today, we are living longer but not better. Wouldn’t it be great to live longer and be healthy all the way?
LOOK AND FEEL YOUNGER
Wouldn’t it be great if you could have the benefits of aging and dramatically reduce the parts you don’t like? Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have great energy and glowing good looks long into your ‘golden years’?
Sure, we want to live longer, but we also want older age to be vibrant, healthy, active and youthful. That means we want to look good, with beautiful, glowing, youthful skin, the vitality we had in our twenties and thirties, and the ability to enjoy life to its fullest.
Fortunately, the study of healthy aging has occupied the best minds in Chinese Medicine for thousands of years as well as some of the best western scientists for the past few decades. And the East and West agree. As a result, there are ways to improve your quality of life as you age. And all of these techniques are completely natural – they work with your body to increase your overall health while also increasing your energy and youthful appearance.
One of the most powerful and comprehensive approaches to help you achieve a long and healthy life is called Anti-Aging Acupuncture. I offer this treatment to my patients who want to insure their quality of life as they age.
ORIENTAL MEDICINE, ANTI-AGING ACUPUNCTURE AND COSMETIC ACUPUNCTURE
Anti-aging Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine can help bring the body into balance – the balance necessary to reduce the free radicals, heal cellular damage and reproduction, increase your immunity so you stay healthy, help you keep the hormones you need and reduce the wrinkles you don’t. It can help remove stress and reduce the effects of trauma and disease. Even arthritis pain can decrease as you get older and enjoy a more active life.
- Oriental medicine and cosmetic acupuncture or facial rejuvenation can bring postmodern faces the same youthful appearance it has achieved for Asian royalty for centuries without the trauma or expense of surgery.
- Many patients see definite improvements. Lines soften even after just one treatment and lasting results can be found with proper care.
- Cosmetic acupuncture stimulates the circulation of qi (say chee), the body’s life or energy force in Oriental medicine, to the face and neck, bringing blood and energy flow to the skin and the connective tissue beneath it, brightening and firming.
- Procedures can smooth out fine lines, reduce the appearance of deeper wrinkles, plump out the texture of skin and help tone underlying muscles to tighten saggy cheeks and droopy necks.
- Anti-aging acupuncture does not just help you look younger, but also feel better.
- People who have face-lifts look like they’ve had face-lifts. Anti-aging acupuncture shows nothing to the world but health, youthfulness and longevity.
- Someone with dry, thin skin with fine lines would require a different approach than someone with saggy cheeks and dark circles under the eyes. Anti-aging acupuncture tailors the treatment to the person.
- Sometimes working on other conditions has an unexpected benefit of improving appearance. You came in for wrinkles but might find you are losing weight and breathing better.
- Vision failing? Hearing decreasing? Accumulated trauma? Creaky joints? Growing older does not mean you have to feel and look old. It doesn’t have to be that way!
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Call Dr. Lee Tritt, OMD, AP at the Lee Tritt Wellness Center for a consultation. Make the alternative choice that makes a lasting difference!